With so many different laser hair removal machines on the market, it can be difficult to know which one is right for your needs. Here are a few things to consider when looking for a laser hair removal machine:
- Wavelength: The wavelength of the laser is one of the most important factors to consider when choosing a laser hair removal machine. Different wavelengths work better on different skin types and hair colours. The most common wavelength for hair removal is the Alexandrite 755 nm and the Nd:YAG 1064 nm.
- Spot size: The spot size refers to the size of the laser beam that is emitted from the machine. Larger spot sizes can cover more area in less time, but they may not be as precise as smaller spot sizes.
- Fluence: Fluence refers to the energy density of the laser beam. A higher fluence will result in more heat and can be more effective at destroying hair follicles, but it can also increase the risk of side effects.
- Pulse duration: Pulse duration refers to how long the laser beam is emitted for. Longer pulse durations can be more effective at destroying hair follicles, but they can also increase the risk of side effects.
- Cooling system: A good cooling system is important to protect the skin from the heat of the laser. Look for a machine that has a built-in cooling system or a cooling gel that can be applied to the skin before treatment.
- Reputation: It's important to do your research and find out what other people are saying about the laser hair removal machine. Look for reviews and testimonials from other users and professionals in the industry.
- Cost: Cost is also an important factor to consider. Laser hair removal machines can be expensive, so it's important to find one that fits within your budget.
- Customer support: it's important to choose a machine that comes with good customer support, this way you will have a point of contact if anything goes wrong.
By considering these factors, you can find a laser hair removal machine that is safe, effective, and suitable for your needs. However, it's important to remember that the best machine for you will depend on your individual needs and preferences. It's always a good idea to consult with a professional to ensure that you are making the right choice.
If you’re looking to safely purchase (or sell) used cosmetic devices, we recommend having a look on the lasertrade marketplace at lasertrade.com.au.